Phunkshun Wear, a leader in sustainable and domestically manufactured outdoor gear, is growing and looking for an exceptional individual to join our team in the new role of Design & Development Manager. The ideal candidate will be an energetic team player who’s ready to tackle the challenges of graphic design, apparel development, and product photography. This role will be responsible for the creation of artwork for our product line(s), the creation of SMU artwork and mock-ups, work with patternmakers to develop new products, and work with our marketing team on campaign launches, brand direction, and more.
• M-F, 7:00am-330pm
• Standard workweek Monday-Friday (occasionally weekends as dictated by trade fairs/expos/events)
• Possibility of occasional telecommute
The ideal candidate is:
• Self-directed and able to work without constant supervision
• Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
• Able to exercise confidentiality
• Organized, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
• Experienced with creating/preparing artwork for sublimated apparel
• Possesses a working understanding of cut/sew manufacturing and patterns.
• Create and design new graphics for the product line(s) in accordance with the company schedule
• Create, design, and place assets for SMU custom designs for business customers
• Design collateral that matches the style and of our branded and company aesthetic.
• Be able to recognize emerging digital, apparel, and design trends, specifically in the fashion and pop culture space
• Produce digital design requests (emails, social and website assets)
• Create, update, and/or maintain brand packaging and marketing materials that adhere to the brands’ style guides and practices to support department objectives
• Oversee and execute studio photography for all catalog and website needs, including all post-production work.
• Produce sales support materials – Annual catalog, cut sheets, and misc as requested
• Population and maintenance of online B2B catalog software
• Coordinate with Pattern Makers, suppliers, and other third parties in the creation of new apparel/accessory items.
• Create artwork templates for newly developed items.
• Work with an outside marketing firm on all social, product, advertising, and other campaigns.
• Assist Sales, Product Development, and Marketing in various design projects as needed.
• Produce catalog, sales materials, and tradeshow graphics on time.
• Other shared and misc duties as directed
• Bachelor’s Degree in field, or 5 year’s experience as a graphic designer
• Degree/focus/experience in apparel manufacturing and design a plus
• Proficient computer skills, including Email and Microsoft Office Suite
• Proficient with Mac/Apple computers
• Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe InDesign
• Experience with Product Photography and image processing
• Ability to manage projects and time effectively, working within and exceeding deadlines
• Demonstrate ability to work well within a team and across departments
• Working understanding of apparel manufacturing and dye sublimation
• Incredibly detail-oriented and organized
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Able to adapt to a changing work environment and flexibility as the company requires
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Prolonged periods of standing, bending and reaching
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
401k Contribution, HSA Contribution, Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, PTO
Phunkshun Wear is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Phunkshun Wear does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence, merit, and business need.